Computer/ IT jobs in Uganda
The Manager IT Governance & Controls is accountable for the day-to-day management, monitoring and reporting on the systems and processes that support governance, risk, and security within BT.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES /KEY DELIVERABLES
1. Develop corporate Information security policies, standards, and guidelines in line with regulatory guidelines and best practices.
2. Prepares and maintains organisational strategies that address the evolving business risk and information control requirements.
3. Ensures architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk, and advances assurance standards through ensuring rigorous security testing.
4. Develop, implement, and monitor reporting mechanisms for governance, security, and risk practices to support compliance and highlight areas of exposure in BT.
5. Review identified security risks and breaches to ensure the organisations assets and information are appropriately secured at all times.
6. Operate as a focal point for Information assurance governance expertise for the organisation, working effectively with strategic organisational functions such as legal experts and technical support to provide authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls.
7. Monitor and review compliance with risk management strategies and practices to ensure ICT-related activities are meeting minimum standards.
8. Resolve and provide solutions to BT strategic problems.
9. Create awareness of policies and standards associated with governance, risk, and security and how they are applied in PBU.
10. Undertake assessments of compliance against regulatory guidelines, risk and ICT governance practices.
11. Foster Corporate Risk Management to identify and integrate the ICT risk framework with the corporate risk framework
12. Work with other bank units especially Digitization, ICT Security & Internal Audit to share information and guidance.
13. Ensure that others have a working understanding of the legislation and policy framework within which they operate.
14. Testing new technology and ensure compliance with established standards and guidelines.
15. Any other duties duly assigned.
1. Responsible for the IT Governance & Controls unit budget
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
1. An undergraduate degree in IT, Computer Science or related technology field is required (advanced degree will be an added advantage).
2. Proficiency in Six Sigma Methodologies will be added advantage.
3. Professional Certifications in Risk, IT Security, IT related certifications like Sun Solaris Systems/Network/Security Administrator, Cisco Certification etc, are Desirable
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Experience in planning and managing the implementation of organisation-wide processes and procedures, tools and techniques for the identification, assessment, and management of risk inherent in the operation of business processes and of potential risks arising from planned IT-enabled changes.
2. A minimum of 2-4 years experience in ICT governance, risk, and security within in banking or an equivalent industry.
3. Client-focused individual with large scale process changes. Ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated process issues in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
4. Good knowledge in enterprise IT governance standards and frameworks.
5. Experience implementing appropriate controls to ensure compliance with information and communications security and use of policies.
6. Demonstrates technical awareness in maintaining a high level of trending issues regarding emerging technology.
7. Good communication abilities,
8. Problem solving orientation,
9. A technical, logical thought process
10. An ability to stick to strict deadlines
11. A keen eye for detail.
1. The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
2. Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
3. Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBUs values and leadership behaviours.
4. Must be a person of impeccable integrity.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION
1. Detailed CV
2. Certified copies of academic documents
3. Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
4. Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Ag. Chief HR Officer and put the job you are applying for as the Subject (Strictly).
Applications must reach the address above by
Friday 13th January, 2023 at 5.00pm
PostBank Uganda is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com