Main Job Purpose:
The job holder will execute strategy, policies and procedures for the management of regional distribution operations in MTN-U and manage staff, dealers and franchisees to achieve set targets. She/he is responsible for meeting Prepaid Airtime and Gross Connection Sales targets for the company To assist the Regional Commercial Head in the development of Regional Distribution strategy
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following Positions.
Job Title: Manager – Regional Sales
Reporting to: Regional Commercial Head
Division – Sales & Distribution
No. of Vacancies: 1
Level of work: 3(16)
Main Job Functions:
- Achieve Regional sales targets (Prepaid Revenue, Quality Prepaid Gross Connections, electronic Airtime Sales %, Retail Universe outlets, Devices and Digital revenues).
- Achieve savings on allocated Subscriber Acquisition Costs and promotion activities for the channel partner.
- Achieve sales expansion and retail penetration targets by identifying, appointing and monitoring distribution partners (distributors, recharge outlets, activation outlets, prepaid touch points) in new and existing areas.
- Prepare Channel & Distribution strategy
- Develop and grow MTN’s retail universe through franchisee and routes to market.
- Ensure MTN’s trade channel remains a competitive advantage in terms of depth, breadth, customer experience and branding
- Oversee stock planning, forecasting and analysis for distribution and regional warehouses
- Coordinate overall supply chain in the regions for all distribution channel partners
- Manage the implementation and execution of Merchandising and brand visibility regionally
- Business Intelligence use and application for distribution optimization.
- Deploy Regional staff to achieve departmental and Organizational objectives.
- Execute and monitor MTN Brand initiatives through Retail outlets and to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Review procedures, policies and workflows of Channels and distribution department.
- Deliver sales target for all products by executing the distribution strategy at the channel-partner level
- Plan promotional activities for channel partners
- Track channel specific schemes and launches
- Provide inputs and coordinate with network team to drive better utilization of technology roll out and expansion in the regions.
- Keep employee-retention and motivation levels high through regular reviews of performance of Territory managers, retailers.
- Ensure best practices training and sound coaching to Territory Managers and distribution partners to enhance overall effectiveness.
- Achievement of expansion targets through greater penetration and geographical expansion
- Develop the MTN Retail experience in MTN channel outlets.
- Manage the MTN Customer Experience blueprints throughout the trade and retail environments
- Ensure stock levels and availability are maintained above set criteria
- Promote and ensure compliance with (MTN policies, processes and procedures, overall objectives of the organization, regulatory & legal)
- Maintain professional working relationship with management, cross functional personnel, as well as industry partners.
- Perform any other function as may be delegated by the Senior Manager Regional Operations
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other related field
- 3 years relevant work experience in sales and distribution in a telecom company or service industry
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in Retail/Channel Development, Business analysis, and product evaluation
- Prior experience in marketing analytics for telecommunications or FMCG is desirable
- Hands-on approach to work.
- Good knowledge of sales and retail Industry trends, best practice retail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Power point skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Exemplary Planning and Time Management skills
- Retail Training/Channel/Distribution Management
- Brand Management / Brand Marketing training
- Knowledge of Retail / Dealer environment setting.
- Dealer structure methodologies
- Channel Development strategies
- Organisational skills.
- Results Oriented
- Strong Business acumen
- Business process optimisation
- High levels of computer literacy
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and action
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Possess a valid driver’s license with driving experience of more than two years.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.