M&E Technical Assistant will assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning. Should have proven experience using electronic data collection instruments preferably ODK/ KoBo Collect and/or any other mobile data collection applications.
- Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the position’s role.
- Assist in data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Assist in data management, entry, and analysis.
- Ensure that a beneficiary accountability mechanism is in place and utilized.
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure proper filing of project documents and reports.
- Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with M&E Officer.
- Responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating community feedback about NRC’s interventions and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
- Work closely with the program teams, M&E to ensure all databases are updated at any one given time.
- Responsible for data collection, entry, and analysis
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- University Degree in Statistics, Information Systems Management, degree in Social Sciences or related qualification. Additional training in M&E is an added advantage, especially PGD in M&E.
- At least 2 years of relevant/similar experience in an NGO preferably in humanitarian setting.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy, and confidential)
- Good knowledge ODK and other Mobile data collection Applications will be added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge in Excel will be added advantage.
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Behavioral competencies
- Working with people.
- Communicate with impact and respect.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Patient, flexible and creative.
- Program staff
- Data Collection teams.
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description.
• The Work and Development Plan/online for G3 – above.
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template.
• The End-term Performance Review Template/goals and performance mgt system.
• The NRC Competency Framework.
- Application is online only; Qualified Uganda Nationals only.
- submit application, detailed curriculum vitae and academic documents as a single PDF document by 9th April 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, and CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis;
- NRC does not at any stage of the recruitment process request candidates to make payments of any kind. Further, NRC has not retained any agent to conduct recruitments on behalf of the organization.
- NRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.