Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Yumbe
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda since 1979, working with local partners. DCA is a member of the Action by Churches Together (ACT Alliance). Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda
The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Assistant, under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator will support projects in systematic data collection through routine monitoring on a timely manner to aid evident reporting, ensuring quality programming and accountability within the DCA MEAL framework and donor standards and guidelines.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish and maintain project/indicator M&E databases; as well as the project level standardized M&E indicators database aligned to the project results framework.
- Develop and administer performance monitoring tools to track program indicators, in line with the project implementation and M&E plans.
- Document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about project interventions in West Nile as well participate in project reviews.
- Build capacity of Project staff and partners on DCA Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and development programming approaches
- Work closely with the local government technical officers and partners to leverage use of the project information system; and the district/local government information management systems.
- Lead project staff, partners, and target communities/beneficiaries in participatory project design approaches; coordinate implementation of baselines and evaluations according to DCA DME framework.
- Conduct routine data quality assessment on program/project monitoring data collected including that collected by partners before it is used for reporting.
- Undertake collection of primary and secondary data, and analysis to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities; special studies/operation research studies required to improve the project.
- Compile project data reports to inform evidence-based decision making at project levels; and for use in preparation of project quarterly reports, semi/annual project reports; and for dissemination to project team members, Donors, Districts, and other partners, as necessary.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation or a bachelor’s degree in social sciences with a post graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with an International NGO
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written). Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent analytical skills, organization skills, teamwork, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience working in refugee settlements and host communities.
- Understanding of the West Nile context and local languages will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual. All suitable, qualified, and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through this link: National vacancies (danchurchaid.org).
Deadline for Applying: 21st /March /2023.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
While we appreciate your interest to work with DCA, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.