Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 500,000 depositors and over 37,000 borrowers, through a network of 35 branches country wide. The bank oﬀers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
In order to meet the needs of its growing customer base, the company is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-motivated, result oriented professionals to fill the following position;
- Network Administrator
This position reports directly to the Manager Networks & Infrastructure and will be based at Head Office.
Role of the Job:
To administer and oversee network design, implementation, organization and troubleshooting the bank’s Network. To oversee work of technical support staff in managing network switches, routers, and servers including monitoring underlying communications protocols and supporting network hardware.
Key Result Areas:
- Design, configure and maintain a stable and secure WAN/LAN network infrastructure.
- Perform network technology needs analysis and advise the Bank accordingly.
- Ensure stable and secure internet connectivity for all bank internet-based systems (Western Union, RTGS, SWIFT, VPNs, Email, Browsing, etc.).
- Install, configure and deploy the Patch Management Software for networking devices.
- Setup and maintain and test DR network connectivity
- Ensure up-to-date backups for all network devices configurations
- Interpret and implement all ICT established policies and procedures and guidelines
- Ensure maintenance of branch communication rooms as per stipulated bank standard an policy
- Carry out daily ICT tasks and checks
- Report for duty on time and perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the line managers.
- Liaising with third party suppliers and vendors to ensure that all IT related equipment and network operating systems are operating to specifications.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT Networks related equipment.
- Undertake any other assignments related to information systems technology as may be assigned by supervisors from time to time
Any other duties as may be assigned by your immediate supervisor from time to time
Minimum educational and technical competence requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree from a recognized University and any certification in Systems, Databases or Networks
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an organization of at least the same nature preferably a, Financial institution, Government institution, Telecom institution or a consulting firm
- Have well-developed IT skills and experience in related jobs in IT, such as a network engineer/Administrator, a database administrator, a systems analyst, applications developer, IT auditing, IT risk analyst, etc.
- Professional ICT Certifications / Trainings e.g. CCNA, CCNP are an added advantage
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence teams.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting Network architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans
- Ability to understand and assess technology systems from both a technical and business function perspective
- Understanding of Physical and Logical WAN, LAN/WLAN implementation best practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to analyze connectivity requirements and relate them to appropriate access/security controls
- Experience with various vendor hardware e.g. Cisco, Avaya, Huawei, etc.
- Ability to manage advanced routing and switching protocols with automation and failover in a multivendor environment.
Position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, TWED PLAZA, Plot 22B, Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com . As well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 20th March, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.
Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org