About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global non-profit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation. Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
The position is responsible for facilitating an efficient HR function for our Field offices through responsible delivery of HR services to provide effective and efficient HR support to all program Staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure staff compliance with policy, HR Practices and local law in the field offices
- Keep track of all payroll related changes and communicate as required to the Associate HR.
- Administration of Field Recruitment process
- Shortlisting in Liaison with the Associate- HR /Talent Acquisition Manager
- Invite Candidates and Schedule Interviews
- Developing programmes that enhance employee relations
- Coordinate On-boarding & Off-boarding sessions
- Manage the Field Casual database
- Manage Timesheets for field staff –Submission, follow-up on late submission and admin support for Intacct.
- Compile and share staff needs/requests on Medical additions/Changes
- Support in planning field HR training & activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business, or a related field
- 1 –2 years of experience in a human resources position or related position
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in database management and record-keeping.
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude.
The position will be based in Mbale and will work closely with the in-country HR representative.