Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres
DEADLINE: Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
JOB LOCATION: Kampala
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from health care. MSF has been providing medical research, medical and humanitarian assistance in Uganda since 1980.
MSF is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below.
Job: PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (PDM)
Duty station: KAMPALA
Contract Type: FULL TIME
Start of work: JUNE 2023
The PDM is responsible for ensuring the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution, and active participation in order to achieve mission goals effectively. This will be done according to MSF human resources vision and values.
Main Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Define together with the coordination team the ideal set of skills and levels each SUKA position should have.
2. Develop and implement strategies, policies, procedures, and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context.
3. Suggests career paths and support plans for specific persons to HRCo and line managers, ensuring a proper liaison with the Operational needs and objectives set, the results of PMS, the training possibilities (local, international, intersectional, regional, etc.) and the potentials identified.
4. Assess the current skills and competencies level of the whole SUKA team.
5. Look for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of trainings, coaching and other development tools.
6. Design the assessment tools and templates to be used for each profile.
7. Generate a development plan for each member of the SUKA in collaboration with Line Managers.
8. Capitalize the long-term ongoing Internship program and share with the relevant groups in OCG.
9. Provide expertise and support to all coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to implement PMS (tool, method, setting up objectives, follow up of action plan and best practices) with the aim to evaluate and develop competencies of the staff they supervise.
10. Implement the 3600 staff Appraisals/Evaluations in SUKA.
11. Provide expertise to all people involved the recruitment process on how to lead it properly with the aim of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to be developed.
Experiences, Skills and Competencies Required:
Degree in the social/behavioral sciences Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development; Human Resources Management/ Development, Business Administration, or related field.
1. Three years of experience in work experience in managing and implementing performance management systems, learning and development initiatives, and organisational development initiatives from reputable organization.
2. MSF experience is a strong asset.
3. Good knowledge of different training methods, skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations and training on learning and development,
Skills and Competencies Required:
1. Ability to plan and organize work effectively and deal with multiple tasks simultaneously.
2. Ability to handle sensitive people issues with tact and diplomacy.
3. Listening, coaching and counselling skills. Ability to lead and mange change effectively.
4. Must have excellent communication, people management skills and a high level of maturity and integrity.
English, Local languages and French is a plus.
Highly computer literate, good knowledge of governmental protocols (diplomatic status) and administrative procedures
People Management, Commitment, Autonomy, Strategic Vision, Result Oriented, Discipline service orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, Teamwork and Cooperation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV stating three referees, certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts and recommendation letters, merged together in a SINGLE PDF or WORD document to the HR department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 7 May 2023 at 5:00 PM with the title of position as subject line. Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted. No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favouritism, will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the Justice System.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Documents pertaining to all unsuccessful applicants will be shredded/destroyed after Three months of concluding the recruitment process. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact +256 393 262 837.
Follow This Link To Apply: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org