The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
DEADLINE: Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Bachelor Degree
JOB LOCATION: Kampala
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap. 153 and continued under the National Environment Act No-5 of 2019 as the Principal Agency for Environment Management in Uganda with mandate to Regulate, Monitor, Supervise and Coordinate all activities relating to the environment in Uganda.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified NEMA staff to fill the following vacant positions on the new NEMA structure.
Main purpose of the job
To develop and implement Plans, Strategies and Initiatives to encourage proactive and innovative approaches to compliance with National Environment Policies, Legislations and Standards
Duties and responsibilities
1. Develop and implement Work Plans and Budgets for proactive and innovative approaches to compliance
2. Develop and implement actions for promotion of cleaner production and green economy
3. Identify needs and design response strategies for cleaner production and green economic development
4. Coordinate and Monitor proactive and innovative approaches to environment compliance
5. Promote initiatives that promote green development, circularity and pollution free production
6. Coordinate research and innovation in cleaner production and green economy in various development programs of Government
7. Develop and implement a green development certification program for Uganda
8. Develop and implement a rewards system for best environment practices in the country
9. Effectively contribute to development and management of information system as part of the overall Environment Information Management System
10. Coordinate with other departments on all matters relevant to environment compliance
11. Support and promote applied research on best environment practices
12. Support public awareness and education about eco-innovative approaches to cleaner production, green economy and circularity
13. Supervise and appraise the staff under the Unit
14. Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
An Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources or Chemical or Environment Engineering or Chemistry from a recognized University or Institution
Master of Science Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources, Environment Science Technology or Chemical or Environment
Engineering or Chemistry from a recognized University or Institution
At least six (6) years relevant working experience in Environment Management three of which should have been in areas of innovative approaches to environment compliance at senior level in a reputable organization.
Competences and skills:
a) Excellent scientific analytical skills
b) Knowledge and skills in instrumentation
c) Production processes Technical Audit skills
d) Knowledge of green development and cleaner production
e) Leadership, team building and supervision skills
f) Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
g) Good understanding of mitigation hierarchy
h) Financial and Human Resource management skills
i) Excellent scholarly writing, publication and presentation skills
j) Resource Mobilization skills
k) Risk Management skills
l) Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
An Honors Bachelors Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources Management, Agriculture, Soil Science or Land Use Management
A Masters Degree in any of the relevant field above.
Must have at least six (6) years relevant professional working experience in soil conservation or Landuse management three of which should have been at senior level in a reputable organization.
Details of the Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for the above positions are available on the NEMA website www.nema.go.ug
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form from the NEMA website, fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com not later than 16th April 2023. Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Only succesful candidates at any stage shall be contacted.
Any form of lobbying to Executive Director, Board or any other authority or individual will lead to automatic disqualification of the Applicant.
Follow This Link To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com