Reports to: Manager, Procurement
Department: Finance and Support Services
Key accountabilities /responsibilities:
- Review specifications, bills of quantities, and Terms of Reference prepared by user departments and provide timely guidance and feedback to users while ensuring completeness and compliance with the PPDA Act and Uganda Airlines Procurement Manual.
- Prepare and submit appropriate solicitation documents to the Contracts Committee for Approval.
- Receive, open, and evaluate bids in accordance with PPDA regulations.
- Coordinate contract processing procedure to ensure compliance with the award decision of the Contracts Committee and terms and conditions of the tender.
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders for approved procurement decisions within the defined threshold.
- Liaise with user departments, stores, engineering, and catering on the delivery of goods.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- Degree in either; Procurement and Supplies/Logistics Management, Commerce, or Business Administration with a specialization in Procurement, obtained from a recognized academic institution.
- Professional Qualifications membership of the Institute of Procurement Professionals in Uganda (IPPU) and CIPS is an added advantage.
- An ERP Functional Expert, and ERP Contract Management officer in the Procurement & Disposal Unit (PDU).
- At least Five (3) year’s practical experience in handling procurements in a big and reputable organization using ERP systems such as Oracle, Microsoft, and a combination to connect to existing solutions in the technology landscape and deliver 100% supplier and spend visibility from our P2P core.
- Knowledge of the PPDA Act Procurement law and Procedures, Procurement guidelines, and Stores’ operational procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Airlines, and catering items, including the international procurement procedures for aircraft spare parts.
- The incumbent should possess an impeccable record of integrity.
- Must have a strong ability to work as part of and build effective work teams.
- Must have strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- The incumbent must have strong reporting and communication skills
- Must be flexible, and assertive with good reporting skills.
- The incumbent must be self-driven and result oriented