Mountains of the Moon University (MMU)
Mountains of the Moon University (MMU) is a Public University established under Statutory Instrument, Number 2 of 2022, hence a body corporate with perpetual succession and a Common Seal.
First established as a Private University in 2005, by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), in accordance with the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001, as amended, MMU has been making strides toward becoming an academic Centre of excellence.
To consolidate its desire for academic excellence, MMU hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled candidates for the following positions: –
JOB TITLE: Professor — Mathematics/Statistics or Physics or Biological Sciences (Re-Advertised)
Salary Scale: M3
Responsible to: Head of department
Responsible for: Lower-level Academic Staff in the relevant discipline.
Ref. No.: EXT AD/APP/008/01/03 No. of Posts: 1
Purpose of the Job
To provide academic leadership and knowledge in Mathematics/ Statistics, or Physics or Biological Sciences and lead the development and implementation of research and publications.
- Provide academic leadership, guidance and mentorship in the department.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to students.
- Conduct seminars and tutorials.
- Advise students on their academic performance.
- Participate in curriculum development and review.
- Supervise student projects, field trips and placements where required.
- Set, mark, and assess course work and examinations and provides timely feedback to students.
- Prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Conduct research and produces scholarly publications 10. Promote quality assurance in all spheres of service delivery.
- Initiate and participate in outreach services for the development of the community
- Give inaugural lectures in the relevant discipline.
- Should possess a Ph.D. in Mathematics/Statistics, or Physics or Biological Sciences from a recognized academic institution of higher learning
- Should have a good track record of relevant teaching, research, publication and service to the public of not less than ten (10) years.
- Should have demonstrated outstanding professional ability or exceptional academic capability in accordance with the Universities promotions policy for academic Staff.
- Should have five (5) new publications since promotion to track of Associate Professor.
- Should have supervised at least ten (10) graduate students to completion, three of which must be at Ph.D. level.
- Should have the ability to provide academic leadership.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Academic leadership and guidance provided.
- Research studies identified, conducted and supervised.
- Lectures prepared and delivered.
- Seminars and tutorials conducted.
- Tests and examinations set and scripts marked and graded.
- Junior staff mentored.
- The number of research grants and the dollar amount of research grant won.
Interested and eligible candidates MUST ELECTRONICALLY submit on e-mail email@example.com as one attachment in PDF the following: –
- Application letter.
- A detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing names and contacts of three (3) credible referees.
- Certified copies of the relevant academic/professional Transcripts and Certificates.
- Copy of a valid National Identity Card.
- Details of the physical address, telephone contact, and email address.
- Any other relevant documentation to support the application.
The application should be addressed to: –
The University Secretary
Mountains of the Moon University P. O. Box 837, Fort Portal Uganda Fort-Portal, Lake Saaka Campus, Block C, Room 03.
The deadline for receiving the application is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday 17th February 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org