World Food Programme
World Food Programme
NGO Non Government Organisations jobs in Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the worlds largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the worlds most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Programme Policy Officer (Pro-ACT Coordination and Technical Support) SSA9 to be based in Kampala. The selected candidate will be employed on Special Service Agreement
To ensure that the Pro-ACT project is implemented according to project timelines, provide technical support to DRDPM, liaise with partners and government agencies as needed.
1. Support OPM/DRDPM on different policy engagements EWS, DRM, EPR, etc.
2. Compile reports for all the different activities implemented under the PRO-ACT
3. Support the DRDPM with coordination of stakeholders
4. Supervise day-to-day management of activities and project outputs at national level
5. Ensure that all requests for activity implementation from OPM/DRDPM are reviewed before they are submitted to WFP
6. Support the development of interventions around shock-responsive systems
7. Convene and facilitate partners dialogue to refine appropriate anticipatory actions and contingency plans to mitigate potential impacts in the Karamoja region
8. Closely work with technical leads from WFP Kampala and Karamoja to ensure implementation of all activities under Pro-ACT are accomplished
9. Support WFP and OPM with the report writing for mid- and end of project timelines, support to communications and advocacy, presentations, knowledge sharing
10. Perform other duties as required
1. Organize Project Steering Committee and Project Management Team meetings, as laid out in the PRO-ACT governance structure.
2. Support the organization and follow up of activities at national and district level.
3. Facilitate validation of trigger models and anticipatory action plans for Karamoja.
4. Support with the coordination of the simulation emergency response exercise
5. Coordinate development and monitoring of annual, costed workplans
6. Lead the development of reports, in accordance with donor reporting requirements.
7. Ensure activity reports are produced and disseminated in a timely manner
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in social sciences, climate change adaptation, disaster risk management, environmental science or other related field
Experience: At least seven years of work experience focusing on disaster risk reduction and mitigation, early warning systems, EPR, seasonal and crop forecasting models, etc
Skills and Abilities:
Candidate should have Excellent project planning, coordination, and management skills, Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to coordinate across multiple units and organizations, Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relationships with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds, Good computer skills (Excel, Word, High level of ethical standards, integrity, transparency and accountability.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English, including strong writing skills
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
20th January 2023
Interested and Qualified, Click Apply
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.