Ministry Of Health
The Republic Of Uganda
Ministry Of Health
Request for Expression of Interest (Eoi) For the Vacant Positions in the Ministry Of Health under the Uganda Covid-19 Response and Emergency Preparedness Project (Ucrepp)
Procurement Reference Number Moh-Ucrepp/Cons/22-23/00005
The Government of the Republic of Uganda has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of the Uganda Covid-19 Response and Emergency Preparedness Project (UCREPP).
The Project is being implemented through existing government structures whereby respective Departments at the Ministry of Health and other government parastatals are responsible for implementing respective components of the Project.
To assist the Ministry of Health in implementing project activities, the
Government wishes to engage the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions indicated below.
Objectives of the Assignment
The objective of the assignment is to provide architectural designs, drawings and contract management supervision for civil works for the UCREPP Project.
Responsibilities and tasks
The Project Architect will carry out the following duties:
- a) Prepare or review architectural designs, drawings and specifications for the civil works and ensure compliance with standards.
- b) Provide advice on matters relating to architectural designs and drawings. c) Attend scheduled site visits and participate in site meetings for the civil works under the Project.
- c) Contribute to the preparation of Quarterly Project Progress Report on civil works.
- d) Contribute to the regular performance appraisals of the Project
- e) Consultants and Contactors to ensure they are in line with their Terms of Reference;
- f) Ensure that Project records are well kept and maintained for completeness and safety.
- g) Participate in contract management for civil works whenever appointed. h)
- h) Perform any other duties as may be assigned by from time to time.
Qualifications and Competences
- a) The applicant must be a Ugandan National with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- b) The applicant should possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, Construction Management or a related field.
- c) The applicant must have a minimum of ten (10) years practical working experience in handling large infrastructure construction works.
- d) Must be a registered Architect with the Architects’ Registration Board (ARB).
- e) The applicant should be able to use MS Excel, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD or their equivalent packages.
- a) Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- b) Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, both oral and written c) Strong coaching and leadership skills
- c) Works under minimum supervision and meets strict deadlines
- d) Demonstrated integrity and confidentiality in handling public matters/resources
- f) Computer knowledge and skills in MS Word, MS Excel and internet/email is a mandatory requirement
All positions are based at the Ministry of Health Headquarters, Kampala but the officers may be posted outside Kampala if need arises.
Submission of Applications
Written Expression of Interest accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be submitted at or before 27/01/2023 at 4:00PM and addressed to:
The Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Health, Block D, Room D109, Plot 7 Lourdel Road, P.O. Box 7272, Kampala
The procurement schedule subject to changes is as follows: