DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Bachelor Degree
JOB LOCATION: Kampala
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Who we are:
Busara is a leading behavioral science organization in the Global South, where we apply behavioral science to help alleviate poverty through advisory work and original academic research.
We are a non-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya, and have offices and projects across the Global South. We also run the most extensive behavioral science research lab in the world, including mobile labs and partnerships with universities worldwide.
About the role:
The Project Associate role and tasks will be dedicated to portfolio of behavior change and health projects led by Busara, with a particular focus on changing health behavior and developing Ugandan organizations’ capacity to incorporate the basics of behavioral science, research methods, evidence gathering, and innovative program evaluation into their work with the communities they serve.
As the primary project manager for dedicated external Busara project(s), the Project Associate quickly gains an expert understanding of a particular problem or research question and uses all tools at their disposal, both within and outside Busara to execute an engagement to the highest possible degree, with careful consideration of timing and budget. The Project Associate develops creative and rigorous solutions to client and partner needs and manages both internal and external relationships with energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism. The Project Associate liaises with the Projects Division and other Busara teams and will be expected to coordinate and manage staff effectively.
1. CORE PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES: Project Associates will work closely with Busara Nairobi offices and directly with academic researchers and advisory clients to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
2. Support the other associates with designing training curricula, designing evaluation framework, implementing training curricula, implementing evaluation frameworks, writing interim and final reports.
3. Lead the facilitation of design workshops with high-level stakeholders to design national level health campaigns using evidence and research from previous phases.
4. Be responsible for research tasks such as literature reviews, qualitative interviews, and activity reports
5. Provide regular, timely updates to other team members.
6. Build relationships within the broader stakeholder and funder teams and stay abreast of important developments that affect Busaras involvement in the project.
7. Coordinate with other Busara Uganda team members on-field activities.
8. Work closely with finance teams to provide timely updates on project budgets and any other financial matters.
9. Plan, manage and execute external and internal engagements independently from start to finish with limited supervision.
10. Serve as a point of contact for clients and partners.
11. Effectively manage the needs of stakeholders through proactive communication and troubleshooting.
12. Contribute to project on-boarding and off-boarding for knowledge management.
13. Responsible for project timelines, deliverables, reports, and staffing.
14. Contribute to the design, execution, and dissemination of Busara research projects.
15. Work closely to lead or support other Associates to fulfill research and engagement requirements.
16. Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the project supervisor.
17. CORE ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: In addition to project responsibilities, Project Associates also have the following organizational responsibilities to ensure a healthy and functioning organization
18. Work with the Associate team to conduct goal-setting exercises, objectives and key results, and team-building events.
19. Contribute to skills-building workshops for Associate teams.
20. Communicate across organizational teams to ensure a healthy and functioning organization.
21. Complete required focus contracts, reviews, and snapshots.
22. Assist with internal initiatives where necessary.
23. Serve as mentors to Analyst and Project Lead team members, when requested.
24. Serve on internal committees when necessary.
25. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience: Minimum Requirements
26. A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fieds.
27. Existing work authorization in Uganda, and living, or willing to relocate to Kampala.
28. A minimum of two years experience working in the non-profit sector in Uganda.
29. Prior experience in writing reports and policy briefs is preferred.
30. Past experience with organizational training and/or capacity building.
31. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
32. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
33. Excellent individual and group-based exercise facilitation, and oral presentation skill.
34. Demonstrates the ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
35. Excellent management and organizational skills.
36. Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player.
37. Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
38. Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English.
39. Ability to execute projects while sustaining a global focus and vision for institutional planning and decision making.
40. Experience working with bilateral funders, especially USAID is preferred
1. A Master’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related field.
2. Experience managing or mentoring staff.
3. Experience managing large-scale research and consulting projects in developing countries.
4. Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is preferred.
5. Familiarity with behavioral science.
6. Familiarity with STATA or R
1. Bachelors degree with 7-10 years of experience, with at least 5 years of managing safeguarding policies and programming.
2. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of IASCs 6 Core Principles and international standards and best practices related to safeguarding, PSEAH, and GBV.
3. Previous certifications and trainings in conducting investigations or related subjects.
4. Experience leading sensitive internal investigations, including those related to PSEAH.
5. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive strategic working relationships within a culturally and geographically diverse organization.
6. Experience communicating with donors and other external partners, including in written response to safeguarding related-inquiries and assessments.
7. Experience developing safeguarding resource materials, including training curriculum, guidance tools and best practice documents.
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and to work with empathy and compassion.
9. Excellent communication and active listening skills, presentation and facilitation skills, and demonstrated proficiency in both written and spoken English.
10. Highly proficient project management skills, with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize workload.
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply
Follow This Link To Apply: https://jobs.lever.co/BusaraCenter/8a6991b2-3247-47e6-99dd-1373ad7fd421
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.