Ministry Of Health
The Republic Of Uganda
Ministry Of Health
Request for Expression of Interest (Eoi) For the Vacant Positions in the Ministry Of Health under the Uganda Covid-19 Response and Emergency Preparedness Project (Ucrepp)
Procurement Reference Number Moh-Ucrepp/Cons/22-23/00005
The Government of the Republic of Uganda has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of the Uganda Covid-19 Response and Emergency Preparedness Project (UCREPP).
The Project is being implemented through existing government structures whereby respective Departments at the Ministry of Health and other government parastatals are responsible for implementing respective components of the Project.
To assist the Ministry of Health in implementing project activities, the
Government wishes to engage the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions indicated below.
PROJECT CIVIL ENGINEER-01 POSITION
Objectives of the Assignment
The objective of the assignment is to provide civil engineering expertise in the design and supervision of civil works at the Ministry of Health.
Scope of the Assignment and Key Responsibilities
The Project Civil Engineer will carry out the following duties:
- a) Review the engineering designs and technical specifications developed by Project consultants to ensure consistency with the Project objectives.
- b) Provide advice, coordinate and monitor all civil works services during the design and implementation of the Project.
- c) Participate in preparation of tender documents, tender evaluation and tender reports.
- d) Undertake scheduled site visits and participate in site meetings for the civil works under the Project.
- e) Maintain records relating to design, construction and related comespondence.
- f) Prepare quality monthly, quarterly adhoc Project progress reports.
- g) Participate in the appraisal of the consultants and contractors to make sure that they are working in line with the contractual scope of work and Terms of Reference.
- h) Participate in the appraisal of the project to ensure that the key performance indicators of the project are achieved.
- i) Undertake monthly and ad hoc supervision of civil works by Contractors.
- j) Review of technical reports prepared by Consultants.
- k) Review and advise on the work completion certificates from contractors.
- l) Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator and the Commissioner Health Services (Health Infrastructure).
Qualifications and Competences
- a) The applicant must be a Ugandan National with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent.
- b) The applicant should possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Project
- c) Planning and Management, Construction Management or a related field. c) The applicant must have a minimum of ten (10) years practical working experience in handling large infrastructure construction works.
- d) Must be a registered Civil Engineer with the Engineers’ Registration Board (ERB).
- e) The applicant should be able to use MS Excel, AutoCAD and other necessary computer packages.
- a) Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- b) Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, both oral and written.
- c) Strong coaching and leadership skills.
- d) Works under minimum supervision and meets strict deadlines.
- e) Demonstrated integrity and confidentiality in handling public matters/resources.
All positions are based at the Ministry of Health Headquarters, Kampala but the officers may be posted outside Kampala if need arises.
Submission of Applications
Written Expression of Interest accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be submitted at or before 27/01/2023 at 4:00PM and addressed to:
The Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Health, Block D, Room D109, Plot 7 Lourdel Road, P.O. Box 7272, Kampala
The procurement schedule subject to changes is as follows: