Website Swiss Africa Aid
The position holder will be responsible for putting in place social protection networks and systems that protects women and children from violence; ensuring transformed attitudes and perceptions on the values and roles of women and children in the society, increase access to rehabilitation services and protect from violence; and ensuring increased ownership and entitlement of production assets and resources by marginalized women and children.
• Project Implementation and Management
• Oversee day-to-day implementation of all project activities, providing constructive supervision to the project team to implement, monitor, evaluate work plans including monitoring & evaluation mechanisms as agreed with the Program Director and in coordination with the National Program Development Advisor.
• Lead the field-based team in the development of new proposals and initiatives for the Resilience Building for Refugees (ReBuilD) projects
• Support the field team in timely quality implementation, monitoring of the work plans and reporting ensuring that activities are in line with the project strategy, and reflect the commitments Swissafricaid made to the donor and the community.
• Work with the field team to plan for future program directions in terms of beneficiary needs, new sites, and / or new programs
• Ensure compliance with Swissafricaid and donor finance and logistics guideline, including all aspects of procurement and asset management.
• Contribute to assessments, project design, and budgeting.
• Ensure the project is in compliance with Swissafricaid, donor and national requirements
2. Communication, Coordination and Representation
• Represent the Swissafricaid Uganda with local government authorities (administrative, sectoral and security officials), non-state actors, UN agencies, and other NGOs at the field level. Engage and or delegate to project team for sector representation as appropriate.
• Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at the district level including donors, government actors, local traditional leadership, beneficiary populations and their representatives, etc.
• Represent the Swissafricaid Uganda with beneficiaries and communities to encourage accountability to those we serve.
• Coordinate Swissafricaid Uganda project activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies. Acting as the main focal point for interactions with donors and partners,
• Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Project Planning and Management, International Relations, Gender & Conflict, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences and any other relevant management or technical field.
• Proven working experience at management level in humanitarian assistance or development within an international environment, and preferably with non-governmental organizations.
• Professional experience in managing protection, Gender Based Violence, livelihoods or/and child protection projects refugee environment. Preference given to candidates with experience in more than one area.
• Excellent leadership, people management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to develop harmonious teams in cross cultural context.
• Knowledge and experience of cooperation with governmental and international agencies in the field of refugee assistance, advocacy and emergency is essential
• Strong diplomatic skills. Ability to establish good working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment.
• Strong people management skills: the ability to effectively lead and supervise team.
• Advanced computer skills including Ms word processing, Ms excel, database systems, and PowerPoint.
• English fluency required.
Job application process
Interested and Qualified, Send Applications to:
Dinah at Adinah@swissafricaid.org or Via our portal at www.swissafricaid.org
Applications Deadline – December 24, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to Lzambezi@swissafricaid.org