Appliance World Limited (AWL)
Appliance World Limited (AWL) is looking to hire a Project Manager Air Conditioning. Must be familiar with the necessary work procedures, systems and procedures. Review equipment condition to ensure compliance, must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to coordinate air conditioning projects from award to the time of commissioning, end defects liability period and until the time we are fully paid.
- You will be responsible for knowing about the details of every project under the air conditioning division and other divisions where asked. These include ensuring that the works are on program, preparing updated programs, preparing work status reports, preparing dependency reports following up with the client / contractor/ consultant on any issue hindering our progress.
- Preparing procurement schedules for all projects and ensuring that goods are ordered on time, paid for on time and arrive on time.
- Calling for meetings when required and attending all sites and / or meetings called for by the coordinator or any other party and preparing minutes for the same.
- Note that minutes for any meetings that you attend should be prepared by the next working day.
- Ensuring that one or two weekly meetings are held where status is discussed in detail and in preparing work programs, work status reports and dependency lists for the same and ensuring that these are reviewed by the MD and set off by the next working day. At the time of writing these meetings are scheduled to take place every Saturday. However, should the meeting time not be sufficient, another meeting must be held by the following Tuesday and not later.
- Visiting sites to count actual quantities of materials on site and comparing them to what was realized and what was on the BOQ and submitting reports to the MD every two weeks.
- Making site meetings for every project and ensuring and ensuring all parties attend.
- Preparing applications of payment and ensuring that they are submitted on time.
- Drafting all communication as and when required.
- Alerting required parties of any foreseen delays on activities well in advance.
- Involving in collection of payments to see that they are payed on time with the correct amount.
- Doing rounds by calling the contractor and consultants of projects we are involved in to see that they don’t have any complaints and resolving any complaints which they may have.
- Attending all meetings that the M.D has with any the project managers.
- Submitting weekly reports which clearly show project status for all projects.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- The position is based at Appliance World Limited – Kampala, Bugolobi with 50% time spent in the field.
- Normal working hours at Appliance World Ltd are 8.30am to 6.00pm Mondays to Saturdays. However, your hours of work, whilst not being less than those stipulated above, depend on the extent of your workload at any particular point in time.
- Must have worked on projects as a team leader/senior technician where a VRF system was installed.
- Must have worked at a senior lever in a construction field for at least 5 years.
Kindly take note of the following guidelines:
- Appliance World Limited, is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications are encouraged to apply.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com