Action for Community Development
Action for Community Development
Administrative jobs in Uganda
Adjumani, Obongi and Moyo
To strengthen community structures for effective mobilization of target populations in the refugee and host communities of West Nile for increased use of Family Planning (FP) services
1. In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, develop monthly, quarterly and annual plans for effective and efficient implementation of the project.
2. Lead in identification of Village Health Teams (VHTs) to create and increase demand for FP services.
3. Coordinate training and mentorship of VHTs to enhance skills and application of knowledge for increased use of quality Family Planning Services by the target population
4. Facilitate processes to mainstream family planning programs among Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLAs) groups for effective use of FP services among members.
5. Work closely with the target Health Facilities & VHTs to conduct community FP outreaches.
6. Supervise the VHTs to ensure they are providing education on the benefit of FP methods mix; counseling potential clients about side effects of FP, management of referrals etc.
7. Conduct follow up to ensure that the referred clients received FP services at the targeted facilities, and provide post FP service counseling to ensure retention of clients on a specific method or switching to an appropriate method of ones choice.
8. Work closely with the target facilities and VHTs to minimize discontinuity of the Family Planning methods through effective counseling and targeted follow up to clients
9. Supervise the VHTs and HFs and ensure they are fully stocked with the family planning method mix, equipment and commodities for carrying out insertions and removal of Long Acting Reversible Methods (LARM) including cervical cancer screening commodities
10. Document best practices, lessons learnt, emerging issues including side effects, client satisfaction, and discontinuation and flagged off.
11. Provide support to the M&E Officer by ensuring that service data from VHTs and Service providers at the targeted Health facilities is collected for entry into the M&E data base.
12. Write reports for the approval of the Project Coordinator and thereafter onward consolidation on a monthly, quarterly, and semi-annually and annually project reports by the Program Manager.
13. Actively participate in partner FP/Reproductive Health (FP/RH) meetings at S/C and district levels
14. Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Bachelors/Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery or Clinical medicine, public health with relevant experience in Reproductive Health, maternal and child health from a relevant University.
o A minimum of three (3) years working experience mobilizing target groups for increased use of health-related services including, MCH and FP.
o Experiences in strengthening community structures to effectively engage in development with specific focus to building the capacities of VHTs and VSLAs
o Prior training in Family Planning and demand creation is added advantage.
Person specifications and relevant Skills · Partner engagement and collaboration for effective use of the available resources within the district
Ability to mentor/train health workers, VHTs and community about MCH/FP topics.
Possess excellent skills and experience in report writing and participatory planning.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and use of Maadi/Arabic languages is added advantage.
Willingness to travel more than 50% of the time to remote areas of the districts.
Good mobilization, stakeholder coordination and supervision skills coupled with proficiency in FP.
Able to document Quality periodic and field success stories and outcomes.
Demonstrable needs assessments and training skills in facilitating community training in MCH/FP topics, as well as evaluation of the outcome of the investment in training particularly of the community groups including VHTs
Planning skills resulting into the developments of project work plans and budgets
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including report writing;
Self-driven individual that works under minimum supervision; meeting timelines in regard to planning, submission of reporting (narrative and financial).
A team player with the zeal of working in close collaboration with others.
Experienced in the use of software applications i.e., Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Community mobilization, project implementation, supervision, team building and reporting
Interested Candidates for this Position should apply to the Executive Director through the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17th January 2023 indicating Project Officer Fort Portal City as the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
ACODEV does not charge any fees at any stage of recruitment and applicants are requested to desist from any form of corruption during this process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com