The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an Organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing various projects funded by the Global Fund supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria), President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control and the attainment of the UNAIDS 95 95 95 goals. TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
Job Title (1) REF: TS/HR/PMGT/OI: Quality Improvement & Knowledge Management Manager (01)
Classification: Contract, Full-time
Reporting To: Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Salary: Commensurate with training and experience
Duty Station: USAID Local Partner Health Services (LPHS) – Ånk01e & Acholi Project based at Acholi Regional Office (01)
Directly Supervises: Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Officers
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Manager will facilitate innovative methods of knowledge exchange across the project to ensure synthesis and dissemination of project activities, best practices, and lessons learned. This position is expected to build and expand upon knowledge-sharing practices already in place and to create a strategic knowledge management program for the project. In addition, this position will contribute to knowledge management strategy development and implementation for the USAID Transition Award to the TASO project as a whole, facilitating knowledge exchange across all stakeholders.
• Work plans and budgets developed
• Quality improvement collaborative sites coordinated
• Materials for training and learning sessions developed and updated and coaching visits
• Strategic documentation, communication, and dissemination plans developed and mistimed Technical support to project teams to initiate and maintain knowledge management practices provided
• Reports and success stories prepared and submitted in time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop timely work plans and budgets for activities to support TASO to use quality improvement methodologies to improve HIV care.
2. Efficiently coordinate the implementation of activities to support TASO to improve care for people with HIV
3. Manage a quality improvement collaborative of 10 — 15 sites to improve care for people with HIV, including conducting peer learning sessions and site coaching.
4. Regular report writing including progress reports, and success stories.
5. Support site and district quality improvement teams conduct monthly data collection, analysis, use and reporting.
6. Develop and update materials for trainings, learning sessions and coaching visits.
7. Employ and champion innovative knowledge management methods and techniques to close knowledge gaps and promote both internal, cross-project sharing of key ideas and external dissemination of information for the project.
8. Support the project team to develop, edit, and produce materials on innovations, evidence based lessons learned, and best practices, ensuring that all materials produced in audience specific formats. Topics will include HIV/AIDS; tuberculosis; quality improvement; health systems strengthening; health communication and behavior change; and research and evaluation.
9. Advise on the development and production of websites, intranets, videos, social media strategies and messages, international meetings, conference posters and presentations, press releases, project reports, technical briefs, success stories, and other events and materials.
10. Aid the project team in developing and maintaining strategic documentation, communication, and dissemination plans to meet project goals and reach key stakeholders.
I l. Provide technical support to project teams to initiate and maintain knowledge management practices in Ankole sub-region.
12. Serve as part of the corporate knowledge management working group to develop and implement TASO-wide knowledge management strategies that foster organizational learning and growth.
13. Promote and facilitate communities of practice in key technical areas throughout the USAID Transition Award to TASO Activity.
14. Liaise with the global health knowledge community outside of TASO.
Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Manager
• Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a Medical/Health field and a Master’s degree in Public Health, or another related field.
• Additional Training: Training in QI Approaches and Methodologies is a MUST
• Minimum Experience and Exposure
• At least 5 years of experience with organizational development, knowledge management, and/or organizational learning functions, with experience in USG-funded projects strongly preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ HIV/TB clinical experience.
• Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
• Public health experience and familiarity with quality improvement methodologies is desired Experience with knowledge sharing technologies and social media.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners.
• Good analytical skills
• Willingness to travel and spend over 50% of their time in the field
• Firm understanding of innovative knowledge management concepts and methods and experience developing and delivering knowledge sharing programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with advanced editing experience. Ability to explain complex concepts in layman’s language
• Robust interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate, get consensus across different teams, and establish productive relationships
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to interpret data
• Strong client orientation, with an understanding of client needs and concerns and an ability to provide a prompt and effective response Self-motivation and drive for results
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Other Qualities/Attributes: Quick judgment, Observation qualities, Integrity, Assertiveness, High level of confidentiality, and Professional maturity.
Job application process
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials, and three referees, two of whom should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers, and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill out the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with the candidate’s full names), and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Please visit the TASO Website at www.tasouganda.org to access the detailed job advert. Also. Note that only applications received online shall be considered.
* Posting Date: February 13, 2023
* Closing Date: February 21, 2023 at 4:30 pm
While TASO appreciates all interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
*Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognit0foms.com.