Job Title (03) REF: TS/HR/PMGT/02: Quality Improvement & Knowledge Management Officer
Classification: Contract, Full-time
Reporting To: HIV Care and Treatment Technical Lead/ Cluster Team Lead
Salary: Commensurate with training and experience
Duty Station: USAID Local Partner Health Services — Ankole Project based at Mbarara
Directly Supervises: None
Main Purpose of the Job: The Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Officer shall work with the regional team to plan, organize and Icad the implementation of QI/ KM activities within the regional project. S/he will panicipate in the development of innovative methods of knowledge exchange across the project, dissemination of project activities, best practices, and lessons learned. S/he shall be responsible for conducting QI learning sessions/ RCA, manage QI Collaboratives and ensure that abstracts/ manuscripts are written and published in peer-reviewed journals.
• Work plans and Budgets for QI activities developed
• QI Learning sessions conducted
• QI Collaboratives managed
• Root Cause Analyses conducted
• Abstracts and Manuscripts written and published in peer-reviewed journals
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop timely work plans and budgets for activities to support USAID Local Partner Health Services-Ankole & Acholi project partners to use Quality Improvement methodologies to improvc HIV care.
2. Efficiently coordinate the implementation of QI and KM activities to support USAID Local Partner Health Services-Ankole & Acholi project partners to improve care for people with HIV.
3. Support cluster technical teams in integration of use QI (data-driven) to guide targeted district, facility, and community activities routinely conduct data-driven RCAs to inform targeted Improvement interventions
4. Manage a Quality Improvement collaborative of 10 — 15 sites to improvc care for people with HIV, including conducting peer learning sessions and site coaching.
5. Regular report writing including progress reports, and success stories
6. Support site and district Quality Improvement teams conduct monthly data collection, analysis, use, and reporting
7. Develop and update materials for training, learning sessions, and coaching visits
8. Support project technical team, site, and district quality* improvement teams in KM products development to share processes
9. Support integration of Quarterly use of Site Improvement Monitoring Systems (SIMS) tool
Quality Improvement & Knowledge Management Officer
• Minimum Academic Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized University and fully registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners’ Council. OR Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution of higher learning and fully registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council; OR Other Health Related degree and fully registered with the institutional councils.
• Additional Training: Training in QI Approaches and Methodologies is a MUST
Minimum Experience and Exposure
• Minimum of two (2) years’ HIV/TB clinical experience. Experience working with other implementing partners and public health is required.
• Experience as QI coach familiar with Quality Improvement methodologies to support district and facility Quality Improvement teams is desired.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and Good analytical skills
• Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations is desired. Willingness to travel and spend over 50% of their time in the field
• Interpersonal relations and ability to deal with other health workers including community Health workers
• Other Qualities/Attributes: Courtesy, Patience, Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress, and Empathy, Respect, and Integrity.
Job application process
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials, and three referees, two of whom should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers, and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill out the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with the candidate’s full names), and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Please visit the TASO Website at www.tasouganda.org to access the detailed job advert. Also. Note that only applications received online shall be considered.
* Posting Date: February 13, 2023
* Closing Date: February 21, 2023 at 4:30 pm
While TASO appreciates all interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
*Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognit0foms.com.