Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd
West Nile Region
Duty Station: Paidha (West Nile)
Reports to: Sustainability Coffee Value Chain Manager/Senior Agronomist.
The Scheme Manager will be responsible for setup of the new Paidha Arabica coffee Scheme. He/She will oversee the overall management and performance of the scheme as well as working closely with farmers to increase coffee production and quality commercially and sustainably in West Nile region.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Set up of a new Arabica coffee scheme in Paidha including infrastructure such as washing station, warehouse and offices.
2. Develop a new RA Arabica coffee Value chain in Paidha of around 2,500 farmers.
3. Support the design, technical support and monitoring of partner sustainability projects and initiatives in the scheme’s areas of operation
4. Deliver on all scheme related targets, sustainability and where relevant commercial.
5. Develop and manage working relationships with internal and external partners.
6. Ensure compliance of the scheme to international certification standards such as RA, AAA and C.A.F.E
7. Day to day Planning, Monitoring and Supervision of scheme staff, including Agronomy coordinators and Technical Commercial Assistants.
8. Financial and technical reporting to the head office in Namanve Budget management and accountability
9. Integrate coffee component activities with other value chain/project components including gender, child education, access to finance, environment and certification, client, and partner compliance requirements
10. Build a working culture that supports an entrepreneurial approach in the management of the supply chain and implementation of projects within the scheme
11. Continuously improve management and implementation based on feedback from staff, farmers, clients, and partners
Required qualifications, experiences, and competencies
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or relevant discipline Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant work experience in (Arabica) coffee value chains, and in working in the field with coffee farmers
2. Strong working experience with implementation of international certification standards such as RA, AAA and C.A.F.E
3. Sound knowledge of and experience in working with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook
4. Knowledge of local language(s) spoken in West Nile region is an added advantage
5. Good knowledge of West Nile region. Previous working experience in West Nile region is an added advantage
6. Strong management, supervisory and organizational skills
7. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
8. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
9. Sound knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation principles
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a cover letter, CV and copies of qualifications.
The deadline for all applications will be January 15th 2023 at 5 p.m. Any applications received after the deadline date will not be considered. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us by the 30th January 2023.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any characteristic protected by local law. We also take reasonable steps to accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Solicitation of any kind will not be tolerated and will lead to a rejection of an application. There are no fees required to apply for any role at Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com