Windle International Uganda (WII-J) is a registered International NGO whose primary mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of education and training for refugees and people affected by conflict. Since 1996 WII-J is a leading provider of access to education for refugees in Uganda at primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
Jn partnership with UNHCR, WJU Nakivale field Office seeks to recruit suitable persons to fill the positions of Secondary School Head Teacher to work in Nakivale Refugee Settlement – Isingiro
Job title: Secondary School Head Teacher (01)
Reports to: Education Project Officer
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise and provide technical support to the teachers.
- Attend stakeholders’ meetings and PTA/BOG meetings.
- Mobilization/sensitization of the community on Education
- Ensure that there is continuous assessment of the pupils
- Promote quality teaching and safe learning environment for pupils
- Coordinate with the District Education Office and Windle International Uganda Field Office.
- Keep record and manage all the data of the schools
- Conduct regular meetings with teachers
- Participate in Child Safeguarding activities in the course of your teaching responsibilities as guided
- Carry out continuous assessment and evaluation of pupil’s performance
- Guide and counsel pupils
- Enforce discipline in the school under teacher’s code of conduct and relevant WIU/UNHCR policies.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of the school
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the Education Project Officer
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Education (Masters or Post Graduate Diploma is an added advantage)
- Applicants must be registered with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES)
- Applicants should be highly motivated individuals willing to work in a refugee settlement.
- Exhibit high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Should have held a position of leadership in a school for at least two years.
How to apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed and up-to-date typed curriculum Vitae, photocopies of all their academic and professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation, Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC and professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda
Nakivale Refugee Settlement
Hard copy Applications should be hand delivered to Windle International Uganda Nakivale Refugee Base Camp during working hours (8:00 am- 5:00 pm; Monday to Friday).
Closing Date: All applications should be received not later than Friday 20th January, 2023 by 5pm.
- Applicants must have no history of violation of children’s rights or of Child abuse and sexual exploitation of any kind
- Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Women and persons with disability who meet the job requirements are encouraged to apply.
- No fee is charged at any stage of the recruitment process. Report to the number 0800111428 if you are asked to pay a fee by any individual for this purpose.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
- All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit. Whereas we actively welcome all applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.