Nation Media Group is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating the Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor, Sunday Monitor and The East African Newspapers, 93.3 KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM and Nation Courier Service. It also operates NTV, the biggest and most popular English-language television station and Spark TV, the first female-focused, and fastest growing television station in Uganda.
We are looking for a qualified, experienced and result oriented professional to fill the following vacancy.
To provide proactive assistance in developing and implementing effective strategies to mitigate health, safety and security risks, and maintain high continuity of operations as well as ensure safety and security of company’s employees, customers, assets, visitors and other stakeholders including physical and information assets within NMG Uganda premises.
1. Coordinate, develop and evaluate standard operating procedures for MPL and other NMG Uganda subsidiaries (‘Company’) offices.
2. Ensure the implementation of the Company’s security plan and standard operating procedures.
3. Ensure that the Company’s security policy is applied in the perimeter of our operations.
4. Identify potential vulnerabilities and threats to protect entity personnel, assets and information.
5. Coordinate operations with authorities in Kampala and on-site. Ensure a security alert and reporting procedure is implemented.
6. Ensure that all security incidents are reported to the Security & Safety Officer.
7. Advise company entities on all security matters in Uganda. Ensure that the security procedures are adhered to protect the Company’s information assets.
8. Implement and maintain a physical protection system to deter, detect and delay with the goal to deny and provide an appropriate response to malevolent acts and undesirable events.
9. Conduct physical periodic (weekly, monthly, etc.) inspections, audits and assessments of safety functions.
10. Develop occupational health and safety systems including policies, procedures and manuals.
11. Coordinate and ensure all safety, health and environmental routine/works are conducted as per Uganda’s Safety Regulations and proper records maintained.
12. Conduct regular surprise inspections/routine checks to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations as per the Occupational Act.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Academic: A university degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution
2. Professional: Security Management, Health & Safety Training or Police Training will be an added advantage
3. Experience: At least 3 years working experience, coupled with experience with digital or electronic safety and security gadgets
1. IT Savvy
2. Develop and review processes and policies
3. Results oriented attitude
4. High personal standards
5. Very strong attention to detail
6. Strong communication (oral & written) skills
7. Ability to follow through and close assignments
8. Ability to foresee issues before they arise and implement mitigation procedures
9. Strong negotiation & influencing skills
10. Conflict management
11. Analytical skills
12. Assertive and proactive
13. Ability to make sound decisions
Job application procedure
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number as one PDF document, quoting the position you have applied for in the subject line by 2nd April, 2023 to the HR Lead-NMGU, Monitor Publications Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.