KCB Bank Uganda
To manage lending risks for KCB Bank Uganda corporate, mortgage, SME and personal loans book through analysis of credit applications in accordance with the Bank’s credit policy, FIA guidelines and best practice to achieve quality growth in the asset book in line with the Bank’s strategic plans.
- Quality assessment and prudent decision making on loan applications within lending discretionary limit and/or making recommendations to higher approving authority.
- Compliance with target turnaround time and the agreed service level agreement (SLA).
- Provide leadership for the credit team reporting to the Senior Credit manager in view of establishing and maintaining a high performing and motivated team.
- Provide prompt guidance, mentoring, coaching and support on aspects of credit to all credit teams across branch network.
- To grow the good book whilst minimizing risk.
- Provide the lead technical support on development of new and reviewing existing products and credit appraisal tools.
- Identify training needs of credit teams in head office and across branch network through branch visits, spot checks and observations and recommend appropriate credit up-skilling.
- Assist the Head of Credit on all credit related issues delegated and act in his capacity while he is away.
- Appraise the performance of the head office Credit Manager based on their Balanced Scare Card.
- Sanction credit applications within delegated lending discretionary authority for KCB Bank Uganda.
- Assess and recommend for approval credit applications above my delegated lending discretionary authority.
- Coach and monitor Credit Managers.
- Monitor quality of approvals above discretion on a sample basis.
- Monitor daily work allocation to ensure equitable distribution.
- Monitor pre-approved loan applications pending with business to ensure they are sanctioned within SLA.
- Follow up on reviews (expired & expiring) with the relationship managers/branches.
- Other Duties
- Conduct credit training.
- Participate in the 360 Degrees and customer survey feedback reviews.
- Review new/re-packaged credit product proposals
- Ensure closure of long outstanding CQ items.
- Conduct periodic customer visits to ensure proper utilization of facilities or assess the business prior to lending.
- Academic & professional
- Detail of Specific Field or Qualifications
- Bachelor of commerce/Business Administration/ Economics and any business-related course.
- Master’s Degree and Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Total Minimum No of Years’ Experience Required 6 Years
To apply for this job please visit ug.kcbgroup.com.