Reporting to the Manager IT architecture and Solutions development., the Senior IT Application Developer shall build and customize applications, systems and interfaces to support the bank’s digital platform, internal processes and other business units. The developer will interact with third party service providers as well as other internal digital financial services units.
The holder must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for web services/ API integrations to facilitate business delivery channels for both bank corporate and retail customers such as online banking, digital banking solutions and agency banking services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: MUST NOT BE MORE THAN 10
- Contribute application development initiatives to the overall IT & Bank digital strategy.
- Developing designated software solutions within the Bank to ensure that the software needs are met within the agreed timelines.
- Documenting system developments in accordance to the application development policy.
- Defining designated business functional and technical requirements that would guide procurement of various software needed by the Bank
- Customizing and implementing acquired software to enable automated functionality.
- Specifying and ensuring application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
- Defining and testing the software or systems after development to ensure that the set functional and security parameters are in place.
- Build interfaces between systems.
- Drive and deliver on the team goals and objectives by offering effective participation.
- Defining and reviewing test strategy and an operational test plan methodology.
- React quickly to application development related security incidents to regain customer confidence
- Develop applications and interfaces
- Expands knowledge and capabilities to continually add value and progress within the Bank Digital Financial Services team
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES: NOT MORE THAN 5 OF THE MOST TYPICAL
- Evaluate and analyze requests to implement new applications to resolve business challenges and improve efficiency of processes.
- Evaluate and analyze requests to modify existing software systems and applications where either anomaly have been detected or the process is inefficient.
- Provide support to the banking operations administrators and operators in resolving core banking and digital channels anomalies and refining operations.
- Understand business requirements and how they translate to application features.
- Collaborate with the KCB Group team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications.
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications.
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
- Prepare and execute all phases of the Agile Scrum to agreed standards and specifications.
- Develop and deliver third party integrations timely to support business growth.
MORE JOB DETAILS & APPLICATION PROCEDURE >>>