Reports to: Safety Manager
Department: Safety and Security
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of all activities of the operational safety program.
- Ensure that all occurrences are reported to the applicable authority.
- Investigate and report on occurrences, including recommendations to preclude re-occurrence(s).
- Provides independent advice on safety matters to the safety teams
- Conducts safety surveys at any time when deemed necessary
- Carrying out safety audits and inspections as per deployment
- Liaising with the heads of all departments on flight safety matters
- Assisting with the investigation of incidents.
- Ensuring that all technical occurrences are being reported to the Safety department.
- Investigate and report on technical occurrences, including recommendations to prevent re-occurrence(s).
- Provide independent advice on safety matters in maintenance to the Safety Manager.
- Carrying out safety audits and inspections in maintenance.
- Liaise with the maintenance heads of departments on safety matters; and
- Assist with the conduct, coordination, and investigation of accidents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Diploma qualification in a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a safety role
- Certificate holder in Safety Management Systems.
- Thorough working knowledge of Airline Operations and the Civil Aviation Authority.
- ICAO and IATA procedures and/or regulations.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Proficient in IT Skills.