The Manager: Application Development is responsible for the design, development and implementation model for the various applications and API services and technologies, platforms, tools and control the release where solutions are centralized. Defines the links between applications, databases, and devices. To develop and support application and API services (following the wider MTN group architectural principles) that will support to meet business and customer requirements.
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following position;
Job Title: Senior Specialist – Application Development
Reports to: Senior Manager – IT Design & Delivery
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions:
- To develop and test software products, applications and API’s, using common programming languages, as per agreed specifications of requesting department.
- Support different frameworks and requirements for application, API services and infrastructure to enable effective services to MTN Uganda.
- Development of technical documents to be used for new products including technical specifications, technical manuals
- Deriving trends in performance from statistics as well as from customer complaints to provide long term solutions to identified problems.
- Research, define and propose new trends and services in terms of application and API development to enable best-in-class innovative solutions and services.
- Manage and oversee application and API operations and ensure that solutions are fit-for-purpose and meeting required business KPI’s and targets.
- Development of scripts to ensure efficient collection of statistics and generation of required reports
- Ensure changes on applications platforms are carried out as specified and within specified time frames to ensure Company KPIs.
- Manage, develop and grow the Apps development team.
- Work closely with Digital Platforms & Delivery teams to validate new solutions, design service blueprints and ensure quick implementation processes.
- Use the approved tools and technologies to support team members and the services they provide.
- Ensure platforms and services are operated according to internal standards, MTN group technology and legal and security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Electrical/Telecom Engineering
- Relevant certification / accreditation as required for role.
- Programing skills, Knowledge of Microservices Architecture, UNIX/Solaris/Linux and Database Administration skills.
- 5 years’ experience in relevant sector/industry/ area of specialization
- Experience in managing and growing software development team
- Software development experience with key focus on microservices architecture
- Understanding of API design and application lifecycle management process
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt and change in the light of changing circumstances / new information.
- Negotiation skills
- Quality management skills
- Risk management skills
- Strong “can-do attitude” combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.