Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality as well as promotes Global Citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda is looking for a passionate and dynamic individual to fill the vacancy for Skilling Officer
The Skilling Officer will ensure quality planning and implementation of Work Readiness Programs in terms of supporting the grantees to ensure timely implementation of activities including placements, trainings, safety in trainings, monitoring, documentation and grant closure.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• You provide technical input in the execution of the Work Readiness Program (WRP) activities.
• You ensure that the skills and Attitude activities are duly executed by the project or by the Grant beneficiary and its selected partners at the highest possible quality and completion;
• You oversee quality control of the implementation of WRP activities in support to the grantee and selected service providers for the Work Readiness Program while ensuring that the delivery of trainings (WRP and in –company) is in full compliance with the agreed quality standards;
• You support the capacity building of participating companies
• You support the setting up of a knowledge sharing platform of first employment experience interventions in order contribute to discussions and sharing of best practices.
• You coach and mentor the host companies, grantee/s, sector association as well as graduates.
Required qualifications and experience
• A Masters’ degree or equivalent in the fields of Development Management, Social Sciences; Social Works and Social Administration; Organizational psychology, Education or any related field.
• At least 5 years’ proven experience in skills development in a reputable organization or in a multi-sectoral setting;
• At least 3 years’ proven experience grants management for social development interventions;
• Experience in employment promotion support activities, private sector engagement or youth education and training activities
• Experience in Capacity building of grantees for effective grants implementation
• Experience in Grantees follow up and M&E
Required knowledge and skills
• You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.);
• Ability to facilitate and manage organizational change processes;
• Knowledge on Management for Results and Project Cycle Management;
• Ability to Working in teams and build strong relationships
• Fluent understanding of project implementation data management, monitoring and evaluation;
• Creative thinking and being pro-active i.e. taking initiatives and responsibility at the same time
• Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
• possess excellent reporting skills.
We offer you
• A fascinating/ interesting/varied job in an international environment.
• Fixed term contract of 8 months
• You are based in Kampala
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (class 5).The contractual conditions will be established according to the organization’s salary policies.
• Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Job application procedure
Submit your application letter and an updated CV (maximum 3 pages) via the link:
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 14th April 2023 at 11:59 pm (EAT).
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.