NGO Non Government Organisations jobs in Uganda
Main tasks and responsibilities
1. To implement and develop sound internal procedures and rules to manage the activities and to address the requests of the donors and to support the local personnel to get the necessary Technical and Human skills to address these requests: (administration, projects, procurement, Agronomist, Social Workers, Adult Literacy Teacher, communication, security and health personnel, volunteers).
2. To have knowledge of accountability and to be able to work with accountability system (Tally or similar) and financial reporting.
3. To provide contracts for the personnel and providers, payment of the tax and deliver the periodical requested documentation to the government offices in charge for NGO activities according to Uganda law regulations i.e.; annual financial audit and activity report.
4. To have management and International exposure in developing, coordinating the implementation of the educational strategy of the organization, project activities on Child Support – especially for orphans, Education for Primary & Secondary Schools, Economic empowerment and Adult Literacy of English of Women Groups – especially the vulnerable and HIV positive
5. To implement Child Protection and Gender Base Violence Policy and develop new ones according to the requests of the Uganda Gov. and international donors at MPI.
6. To take care of the premises where MPI implement the activities (MPI HQ, Kireka, Naguru, Sonde) in term of construction, rehabilitation and equipment.
7. To coordinate with AVSI Foundation in Italy and Uganda to look for donors (national and international) and submit applications able to fund the activities that MPI is implementing or new ones
8. To develop the collaboration with MPI partners (i.e.: Support International, CESAL, Insieme Si Puo, AVSI USA, Abbracci Senza Frontiere) and find new partners, especially in private sector in Uganda, Italy and other countries where possible.
9. To develop the MPI mixed farm and training center in Sonde, as training center and production farm to produce profit and support MPI social activities.
1. Education: University Degree, preferably in economic or social science
2. Work experience: At least 5 years in project management
3. Language Proficiency: bilingual Italian/English
Required skills and experiences
1. Additional experiences: Familiarity of the main social issues within disadvantage context
2. Hard Skills: good organizational skills, excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365
3. Soft Skills: outstanding communication capability, good team leader
Interested and Qualified, Click Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.avsi.org.