- Conduct all money market dealing activities in line with the set dealer’s mandate.
- Conduct FX dealing activities, from time to time in line with the set dealer’s mandate.
- Conduct All Asset & Liability management activities/functions in line with group/ bank policy.
- Executing treasury customer sales and marketing functions to generate revenues for the Bank.
- Generate high volume of quality business from existing customers via daily calls and client visits.
- Ensure existing and prospective Forex customers are served through daily and / or regular telephone calls and client visits.
- Actively identify and seek prospects from market and customer spectrum to drive and grow Treasury Forex income and FX business share of wallet per customer.
- Plan and document all customer calls. Prepare Weekly Customer Calling Plan and ensure it’s adhered to. Ensure all Calls are documented, and reports circulated to other business and internal units.
- Ensure a daily Forex and Money Market Update report is distributed to our existing and prospective customers prior to market opening.
- Monitor/ Track and document Competitor Actions and their impact on the Bank especially FX Business.
- Carry out the dealing/interbank borrowing, lending, and foreign exchange activity from end to end whilst ensuring that all the bank’s interests are protected, and financial targets are met.
- Effectively monitor funds in all the Nostro and Clearing accounts to ensure the accounts are adequately funded to meet payment obligations and any surpluses are gainfully invested.
- Carry out all trading activity within set approved limits to mitigate counter-party risk.
- Ensure a cordial and vibrant relationship with all treasury clients and other financial Institutions to foster Business growth.
Liquidity & Cash Management
- Support Team in monitoring Cash Balances across branches.
- Take an active part in deposit mobilization to enable the bank grow its deposit base and boost liquidity.
- Employ the stellar customer service principles in the unit with respect to handling both internal and external customers.
- Provide /Ensure Branches, Customers and Group Companies receive indicative FX rates by 8.30 am
- Ensure all Correspondent and Clearing Accounts adequately Funded –No impact on Operations of the Bank arising from Constrained Tactical Liquidity.
- Generate and grow FX Revenue and Interest Income through Active Sales and support Trading in course of Trading Day
- Monitor and Ensure compliance with Regulatory Limits and advise colleagues / management on any pertinent Market ( Foreign Currency , Interest and Liquidity) Risks
- Transact within Laid down Mandates and Limits as prescribed by management.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction (for both Internal and External Customers) on an on-going and active basis.
- Build and ensure harmonious relationships with fellow team members
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Dealer must possess a University degree preferably in a related business field;
- At least two years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Banking Operations/processes,
- General Banking Knowledge and skills in Sales
- High passion for Performance
- Self – Drive, flexibility and Focus
- Grasp of Mathematics and Economics.
- Good Team Player
- Open to New Ideas in a rapidly changing Business Environment.