The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala
- To implement trading processes and carry out related activities in the downstream petroleum products business development.
2.3 Essential Duties
- Participate in the initiation, internal processing, and the pursuit of identified opportunities to implement the approved business cases for petroleum products.
- 2. Continuously gather information on the market and supply trends for petroleum products for analysis to inform timely responsiveness for business development.
- 3. Implement the customer onboarding process to acquire and manage qualifying customers and effectively deliver the approved customer value propositions (CVPs).
- 4. Monitor/track market petroleum products prices to inform effective price negotiations with suppliers and customers to deliver the required trading profitability.
- 5. Participate in gathering supply and demand information to inform optimal sourcing, stocking, and trading of petroleum products.
- 6. Coordinate with the internal support functions to facilitate efficient internal document processing against confirmed customer demand commitments.
- 7. Coordinate with the Trading Operations Team to ensure timely deliveries of customer demand commitments.
- 8. Participate in the implementation of marketing initiatives to enhance market penetration and extraction of optimal value for petroleum products in the identified markets.
- 9. Implement identified risk mitigation measures in the petroleum products business activities.
- 10. Promote implementation of set quality control measures to customers and transporters to ensure satisfactory delivery of quality petroleum products.
- 11. Effectively coordinate with internal processes teams to ensure timely servicing of customer petroleum products demand and minimize negative impacts on achievement of business targets.
- 12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time to facilitate growth opportunities and participate in company-wide activities.
2.4 Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in either Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration, Marketing, or other related degree.
- b) Should have demonstratable relevant working experience of at least five (5) years, two (2) of which must have been in downstream petroleum business.
- c) Experience in Business Development is an added advantage.
- d) Relevant professional development training will be an added advantage.
- e) Training in QHSE principles is an added advantage.
- f) Self -motivated and significant planning and follow through skills.
- g) Must have passion for execution and result oriented skills.
- h) Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- j) Good coordination and stakeholder management skills.
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
UNOC will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website on the careers
portal at https://www.unoc.co.ug/career-opportunities/
All applications should be submitted not later than Friday 7th October 2022 by 17:00
hours (5:00pm EAT).
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates
- Applications without Certified academic documents will not be considered.
- Attach a copy of the Curriculum Vitae
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
- Please forward any inquiries regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org
- call telephone number +256 312 444 600.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
To apply for this job please visit www.unoc.co.ug.