UpEnergy delivers high-impact, emission reducing projects that accelerate decarbonization and catalyze long-term benefits. We do so by providing life-improving clean technologies to local communities and environments across Africa. Whether it’s protecting the local environment, delivering health benefits, or reducing poverty through financial savings and employment, our project sustainably benefit and enable people to live better lives within climate resilient communities.
To date, UpEnergy has delivered over 95 emission reduction projects, impacted over 4 million lives, and reduced over 3 million tons of CO2 Emissions across 7 countries. UpEnergy prides itself on deep local knowledge and established teams on the ground to ensure the highest impact and results. The UpEnergy team continues to grow, across multiple African countries, from 20 to over 170+ full time team members in the past two years, reflecting the growth of the company for which we now seek incredible, like-minded talent who are excited to join us in delivering even more impact. Learn more here: www.upenergygroup.com
About The Role:
Reporting to the Talent Manager| Uganda, the Talent Coordinator, as part of the Human Resources team, your role will be to implement the Uganda Talent Strategy and promote an organizational culture of teamwork, service, high quality transparency, accountability, innovation, and inclusiveness in our Uganda team. The Human Resource Coordinator will provide support and guidance to the Uganda office. The Talent Coordinator will assist the team with all aspects of the HR function and play a key role in providing administrative support and implementation and alignment of Talent Programs while supporting them with day-to-day human resources needs in Uganda.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employee Engagement:
1. Collaborate with the Talent Manager to update the staff database regularly, ensure a smooth onboarding and off boarding process via BambooHR. Coordinate with Line managers on all due contract renewals, probation assessments or confirmations.
2. Support the team on health insurance issues relating to new additions, replacements, de-registering, and refunds.
3. Ensure that the legal compliance and implementation of applicable statutory requirements for Uganda team.
4. Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes
5. Support with recruitment logistics e.g. scheduling interviews, onboarding candidates with support from the Talent Manager.
6. Work closely with management in implementing the learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for the team.
Employee Relations: Talent Policies and Procedures:
1. Responsible for overall monitoring and monthly reporting of all employee leave days and ensuring that all Paid Time Off (PTO) requests are submitted through BambooHR.
2. Work with management to ensure leave alignment across the business unit.
3. Keep abreast with new trends and best practices in the field
Talent Management & Leadership Development:
1. Work closely with management to execute any retention and succession planning and support initiatives to develop leadership skills in Leaders and Managers.
2. In consultation with departmental heads, implement coaching and mentoring programs.
Performance Management and HR Compliance:
1. Regular follow up with teams at all levels to implement performance management culture and ensure the effective and timely implementation of the appraisal process of quarterly coffee chats and annual reviews, as well as the ongoing regular check-in meetings, to enable efficient performance management and individual development plans.
2. Engage line managers with regards to learning and development programs and training opportunities for employees at all levels.
Does This Sound Like You:
1. Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Human Resource Generalist Role
2. Knowledge of office and administrative practices
3. Skill in both verbal and written communication
4. Skill in problem solving and decision-making
5. A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
7. Knowledge of an HR System
Job application process
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply