Management jobs in Uganda
About StrongMinds Uganda
StrongMinds Uganda (SMU), is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (Registration No.S.5914/11746) situated at Plot 30, Luthuli Rise Bugolobi, PO Box 35874, Kampala, Uganda. SMUs mandate is to improve the mental health of women in Uganda by implementing a simple, evidence-based, and cost-efficient model of group talk therapy, based on group interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT-G). SMU has field presence in Lamwo, Kotido, Mbale, Wakiso, Mayuge, Mbarara, Mukono, Kampala, and Iganga. SMU services can also be accessed virtually via *252# and select option 10 for free counseling over the phone.
Position Description: Volunteer Coordinator
We are a volunteer-led Organization and volunteers are at the heart of our work, enabling us to deliver our mission and vision. As we work on treating more clients, we plan to utilize more volunteers, and it is essential to have a coordinated and proactive approach to volunteer resource management that is aligned with our strategy and ambitions. An integrated Volunteer advisory committee will be formed, and it is for this that we seek to recruit a Volunteer Coordinator to amplify our volunteering space.
1. To provide strategic direction and expertise in the development and engagement of volunteers across the organization and promote effective working relationships between staff and volunteers.
2. Collaborate with the World Boards Volunteer Resources Committee to ensure alignment with the Framework for Volunteer Engagement as we establish new ways of work for volunteers in StrongMinds.
3. Ensures that the volunteer life cycle is compliant with StrongMinds policies, consistent with the StrongMinds volunteer engagement framework, is aligned with our strategy and sets operational priorities.
4. Empower StrongMinds to achieve excellence in volunteer recruitment, retention, and development.
5. Supports the establishment of all aspects of the management of operational volunteers.
6. Be responsible for supporting line managers (volunteers and staff) in the management of volunteers in StrongMinds.
7. Ensure proper management of volunteer data for records, analysis, and reporting.
8. Contribute to considering, review, developing and maintain volunteer policies and procedures to ensure that we keep abreast of best practice.
9. Design the ideal delivery team and identify the required profiles of the team members.
10. Set the standards and working plans for your team and ensure volunteers know who is overseeing their work and have clearly defined responsibilities and deliverables.
1. A positive, collaborative, and can-do attitude is required to serve and lead in this high-skilled volunteer role.
2. Specialist / professional knowledge and experience in volunteer management and HR matters in voluntary organizations.
3. Experience in writing policies and Standard Operating procedures.
4. Experience (paid or unpaid) of managing or coordinating projects and volunteers.
5. Good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
6. Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records.
7. Capability to produce clear written and oral reports.
8. Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity.
9. Flexibility, creativity, ability to think out of the box.
10. Capacity to inspire, influence and motivate others.
11. Mentoring skills to a diverse and remote team.
12. Experience of working across different teams and developing links with other groups.
13. Can work effectively and flexibly in a highly diverse environment.
14. Experience in international/multilingual setting.
Although this area of work is generally open to all graduates, a degree in the following subjects may increase your chances:
1. Human resource management.
2. Social work.
3. Youth and community work.
4. Community Organizing.
1. At least 5 years of progressive experience in community organizing, volunteer coordination, and engagement.
2. Experience in civil society work and civic engagement.
3. Experience in managing and coordinating projects, initiatives, and volunteers (paid or unpaid).
4. Experience in participatory leadership approach.
5. Experience in recruiting volunteers through various channels.
The successful Volunteer Coordinator will also be expected to embrace and role model the core values of StrongMinds:
1. We are people focused.
2. We think big and act fast.
3. We are data driven.
4. We do what we say and say what we do.
As part of a rapidly growing NGO, this role has the potential for advancement. Smart, aggressive, and ambitious candidates are encouraged to apply.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Start Date: Immediate
StrongMinds strictly adheres to all CDC guidelines for Covid-19 protection.
If interested, send the following documents (attached as one document):
1. An updated resume highlighting past experiences in similar work,
2. A motivation letter,
3. Technical proposal, which should present a creative and innovative approach to establishing, managing, and organizing a volunteer community.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Volunteer Coordinator in the subject line.
Questions? Email, the people and culture team, at email@example.com
Deadline: 15th January 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org