Website Windle International Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2022
Position Title: Nutritionist
Reports To: The Regional Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Palorinya Field Office
This position is responsible for assessing, planning and implementing the School Feeding program to enhance the impact of food and nutrition on the health of the learners.
He/She will assess the nutritional value of the food provided and its impact on the beneficiaries’ general health. This will involve the collection and analysis of related data as well as community engagements to sensitize communities about nutrition.
• Conduct periodic monitoring of the children feeding initiative in all target primary schools
• File quarterly data sheet with beneficiary weights and measurements for submission to the donor.
• Compile and assess data relating to health and nutritional status of learners based on nutritional values of food served or consumed
• Plan and conduct nutrition assessments, intervention programmes, and education and training to improve nutritional levels and communities generally
• Requisition food items and other project equipment periodically to ensure the smooth running of the project
• Work with Field teams to ensure that stored foods are safe and free from contamination and theft and that the store is clean at all times
• Coordinate with health partners and facilities to provide learners with nutrition supplements and deworming services
• Develop and evaluate food and nutrition products to meet nutritional requirements
• Support the supervise the preparation and serving of meals, and monitor food intake and quality by the learners.
• Develop Guidelines and procedures for the Schools’ implementation of the project
• Participate in project planning, including developing work plans, submitting funds requests, procurement of project supplies and equipment and development of activity budgets.
• Prepare periodic reports (weekly and quarterly): update indicators, achievements, activities and results according to the project log frame.
• Provide input and support on the development of learning documents including learning reviews, success stories, stories of change.
• Participate in community sensitization and stakeholder meetings to explain project objectives and keep them appraised of project(s) activities being implemented in the target area.
• C. Essential competencies
• S/he must possess a Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Human Nutrition or Dietetics studies from a recognized institution.
• Must have at least 2 years of related experience with field work in a health and nutrition implementation project implementation (provide adequate details in resume)
Knowledge and Skills:
• Concern for Quality and Standards
• Ethics and Integrity
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
• Excellent report-writing and data interpretation skills
• Must be result-oriented
• Intercultural and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work under strict deadlines: high caliber time management competency
• Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
• Ability to work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner
Job application procedure
All applications should be submitted through the online link provided here
https://windleuganda.org/careers/ Any application not submitted through the online link provided shall not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit windleuganda.org.