The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions:
NATIONAL PIPELINE COMPANY
JOB TITLE 1: Manager Downstream Trading (1 VACANCY)
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF DOWNSTREAM TRADING AND OPERATIONS
To develop and grow the downstream petroleum products business including establishing organizational processes, market development, stakeholder linkages, client relations and operational systems for the Downstream Trading Division, in collaboration with other teams. 1.3 Essential Duties
- Implement and profitably grow the approved business cases for petroleum products in compliance with approved policies, procedures, and relevant regulations.
- Secure required licenses and permits to allow for the implementation of the approved business cases for the petroleum products.
- Conduct market surveys and carry out supply and demand analyses to inform sourcing, stocking, and profitable selling of the petroleum products.
- Prepare and implement robust supply plan for petroleum products to sustain the secured demand forecast.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies for the sale and marketing of petroleum products.
- Develop and implement a risk management plan to ensure the sustainable implementation of approved business cases and safeguard achievement of desired business goals.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies including market entry and penetration, promotions, and new products’ development initiatives.
- Monitor trends in petroleum products’ specifications, technology, industry performance and market requirements.
- Identify and coordinate regional and local logistics processes for the supply and distribution of petroleum products, in liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a Quality, Health, Social, Security, Safety and Environment (QHSE) system, in liaison with QHSE team members.
- Identify and engage with potential clients and other company stakeholders.
- Establish a client management system to continuously improve customer service levels.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- a) Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in either Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Industrial Chemistry, or Marketing.
- b) Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related area of study in (a) above, from an internationally recognised University.
- c) Training in HSE principles is an added advantage.
- d) Must have at least Eight (8) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which must be in petroleum trading business in a reputable organisation.
- e) Experience in market development processes is an added advantage.
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
JOB TITLE 2: Human Resource Officer – Performance Management And Learning & Development (1 Vacancy)
2.1 REPORTS TO: MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES
Support the implementation of the Human Resource function including training and development, performance management, Organisational Development and other related activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Human Resource policies, strategies, systems and processes.
- Support the implementation of staff training and development programs including national content skills development initiatives.
- Manage the implementation of learning needs and skill gap analysis.
- Manage the implementation of the UNOC Culture strategy and ensure periodic monitoring of the culture activities.
- Facilitate timely staff performance reviews and preparation of the performance review reports.
- Coordinate the development & monitoring of the corporate Learning and Development (L&D) planner.
- Manager the inhouse L&D initiatives like knowledge management, leadership development programs and ensure training reports are submitted, and recommendations are actioned
- Generate the periodic corporate reports for L&D programs and performance management.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the performance management system and processes.
- Ensure updated job descriptions, organizational structure, and competency profiles for all approved positions.
- Maintain the Human Resource Information System and ensure uptodate staff records and files with use of the ERP system.
- Manage the graduate trainee and internship program.
- Manage mentoring, coaching and career development programs for all staff
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- a) Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Public Administration, Organisational Psychology, Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resource Management option).
- b) Must have a postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- c) Possession of the relevant professional membership is an added advantage.
- d) Must have five (5) years hands-on work experience in managing and implementing performance management systems, learning and development initiatives, and organisational development initiatives from a reputable organization.
- e) Experience working with an ERP System.
- f) Must have excellent communication, people management skills and a high level of maturity and integrity.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
JOB TITLE 3: MANAGER TAX (1 VACANCY)
REPORTS TO: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
To manage UNOC’s Tax Exposure on all Tax heads and ensure compliance with the Tax Regulatory Framework requirements, Production Sharing Agreements (PSA), Joint Operating Agreements (JOA).
- Advise management on tax compliance and regulations
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Prepare and review tax calculations, estimates and reports accruals
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all corporate and personnel income tax returns
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operation matters
- Establish appropriate system or processes for tax risk management
- Manage and coordinate tax audits for the JV partners
- Develop tax strategies, policies and procedures to ensure UNOC’s compliance 11. Implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Preparation of regular reports for the management and ensuring the documentation of all taxations
- Act as the key point of contact and support all taxation matters in UNOC
- Liaise with tax authorities and other agencies on tax matters
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
Qualifications and attributes:
- a) Master’s degree in taxation, business administration, accounting & finance or any related field.
- b) Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, commerce, economics
- c) Full Professional membership to ACCA, ICPAU etc
- d) Post Graduate qualification in Taxation
- e) Minimum 8 years working experience in a reputable organisation handling tax matters including tax advisory of which three (3) years should be as Senior/Supervisory role.
- f) Experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and project management.
- g) Excellent knowledge of Uganda tax regime, regulations and laws
- h) Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Operations.
- i) Familiarity with accounting software packages
- j) Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- k) Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- l) Analytical skills with detail orientation good communication skills
- m) Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders
JOB TITLE 4: MANAGER COMMERCIAL (1 VACANCY)
REPORTS TO: HEAD COMMERCIAL & JOINT VENTURE
To steer the design, planning and implementation of the strategic and commercial objectives of UNOC
- Provide strategic commercial and economic guidance to support the planning, development, and implementation of UNOC’s short, medium and long-term strategic objectives
- Guide and provide support on commercial related issues for all technical, legal and other functional interfaces within UNOC.
- Provide advice and support to the CEO and the Executive management team on all technical and commercial matters across the value chain as required.
- Formulate economic models to support negotiations and commercial decisions. Provide support in the framing of economic evaluations and identification of embedded options, risks and mitigations in commercial ventures
- Identify opportunities for UNOC in the sector and structure options for the development and commercialization of those opportunities and perform executive business/ market strategies to achieve growth and profitability.
- Define marketing and funding strategies to support UNOC’s broader commercial opportunities.
- Negotiate and agree commercial features and arrangements with existing and prospective partners
- Propose and implement a process of selection for Upstream “Joint Operations” partners for UNOC, starting with Exploration, such that UNOC is positioned to actively compete in
Uganda’s Oil and Gas Industry
- Carry out market studies for hydrocarbon resources and ensure economic tools for export and domestic related analysis are available
- Provide the financial context for decisions, ensuring strategy alignment, transparency and impact on various financial metrics for UNOC
- Building effective business relationships and networks with industry and other stakeholders
- Build and maintain commercial excellence within UNOC through mentoring and development of commercial skills’ behavior within the Company junior staff
Qualifications and attributes:
- a) A Master’s degree in engineering, Economics, Energy, Petroleum Geosciences, or
- b) Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Energy, Petroleum Geosciences or any relevant degree
- c) A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the oil and gas sector, with experience in economic modelling and including management positions handling commercial negotiations
- d) Extensive knowledge and experience of company legal, engineering, development and commercial processes across the oil and gas value chain
- e) Working knowledge and experience of working with Natural Resource/Energy Ministries in developing countries f) be commercially astute
- g) Possess sound negotiation and leadership skills
- h) Excellent communication and personnel management skills,
- i) High level of discretion and personal integrity.
UNOC will ONLY consider applications submitted through her email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be submitted not later than Friday 17th February 2023 by 11:59pm.
1) Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma certificates.
2) Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY